Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bob Dylan

Just a thought:
What is it that drives so many people mad about "the second half" of Bob Dylan's career?  I guess I get it, he went from acoustic folk-ish music to playing electric instruments with a band, and wearing a tie... sold out, took the money and ran.  Something like that?  I don't like the later music as much either.  Some of it appeals to me, but it's very different, and I preferred the "old" Dylan sound.  BUT, I see so many people absolutely hate on him and reject it all because he changed.
My question to them is, didn't they understand "The Times They Are A-Changin'"?  There was alot of truth in that song, and it is exactly what happened.  Times changed, and Bobby went with it.  He didn't want to be left behind.  Those years were times for people to experiment with new things, do things nobody had done before.  I guess he took his own advice.
I don't think it was that bad.  What can I say?  Haters gotta hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment